Health Tip: Suggestions for Losing Weight
-- Losing weight should be part of living a healthier lifestyle.
The U.S. Office on Women's Health says there are no quick, easy fixes for weight loss, and that the key is to focus on small, healthy changes that you can practice for the rest of your life.
The agency suggests:
- Set concrete goals that are easily measured and tracked.
- Address other health concerns, such as depression or sleep issues, before focusing on weight loss.
- Eat healthy. Think carefully about what you're eating, and why.
- Create a realistic and attainable exercise plan.
- Don't give up. Allow for minor setbacks.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: May 2018
Read this next
THURSDAY, Oct. 15, 2020 (American Heart Association News) -- Among Mexican Americans, too much abdominal fat predicts the beginning of a buildup of plaque in the arteries called...
WEDNESDAY, Oct. 14, 2020 -- Obesity is tied to premature death, but researchers have found that weight-loss surgery can add a few years to your life. In a study involving more...
WEDNESDAY, Oct. 14, 2020 -- Limiting TV ads for sugary, salty and high-fat foods and drinks might help reduce childhood obesity, British researchers suggest. They looked at...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.