Health Tip: Stress Has Its Warning Signs
-- Everyone has a certain amount of stress. But too much of it may make us feel quite fearful or worried, not to mention the physical effects it can cause, such as a rise in blood pressure.
The National Women's Health Information Center offers this list of warning signs that you may be stressed out:
- Diarrhea, constipation, bloating, irritable bowel syndrome or stomach cramps.
- Feeling tense, irritable, anxious, sad, angry or depressed.
- Difficulty paying attention or feeling like you don't have any energy.
- Significant changes in eating habits or body weight.
- Skin reactions, including hives.
- Increased symptoms associated with diabetes, asthma or arthritis.
- A rise in blood pressure.
- Decreased sexual desire.
- Pain in the back or neck.
Posted: September 2009
Recommended for you