Health Tip: Stopping Nosebleeds
-- Nosebleeds often occur from a leaky blood vessel in the nose, says Harvard Medical School.
Here's a description of a pinching technique to relieve a nosebleed:
- Nod your head forward.
- Place your thumb on one side of your nose and your forefinger on the other.
- Pinch your thumb and forefinger together. Hold.
- If the bleeding slows, you are pinching in the right place. If not, pinch lower or higher.
- Hold the pinch for at least five minutes.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: April 2019
Read this next
WEDNESDAY, Sept. 16, 2020 -- Most people now know that COVID-19 can cause blood clots, potentially leading to paralysis, stroke, heart attack and death. While it's not clear...
THURSDAY, Sept. 3, 2020 -- Most Americans aren't confident that they could provide lifesaving help after mass violence or other emergencies, a nationwide poll shows. While most...
MONDAY, Aug. 17, 2020 (American Heart Association News) -- After nearly a decade of steady decline, the death rate for people with blood clots in the lungs reversed course and...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.