Health Tip: Staying Safe in a Parking Lot
-- More than 50,000 vehicle accidents occur in parking lots and garages each year, leading to about 500 deaths and more than 60,000 injuries, the National Safety Council says.
It pays to be especially careful during the holidays, when drivers are increasingly distracted by the hustle and bustle of the season.
The council offers these safety suggestions:
- Don't cut across the lot to get to a parking space.
- Drive slowly, and use directional signals.
- Anticipate the actions of other drivers.
- Obey stop signs and no-parking signs.
- When backing out, be mindful of other vehicles and pedestrians.
- Watch for small children, and for parents with baby strollers.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: December 2017
Read this next
THURSDAY, Oct. 22, 2020 -- People who use common asthma controller medications are vulnerable to developing brittle bones and suffering fractures, a new study shows. The findings...
FRIDAY, Oct. 2, 2020 -- They are the closest relatives to humans, but gorillas have been spared one aging disease that people haven't: osteoporosis. The condition triggers...
THURSDAY, Oct. 1, 2020 -- Preventing falls in older age could be as fun as dancing them away, new research shows. Researchers found a 31% reduction in falls and a 37% reduction...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.