Health Tip: Signs That You May Have an Ulcer
-- An ulcer is a sore that occurs in the tissue that lines the digestive tract. Most ulcers are believed caused by a bacterial infection.
The American Academy of Family Physicians says the warning signs of an ulcer may include:
- Pain that improves with eating or drinking, then gets worse after another hour or two.
- Pain that gets worse while eating or drinking.
- Pain in the stomach that wakes you at night.
- Feeling full very quickly.
- Feeling heaviness, bloating, burning or a dull pain in the belly.
- Throwing up.
- Losing weight unexpectedly.
Posted: June 2010
Recommended for you