Health Tip: Signs That Shoulder Pain is a Broken Collarbone
-- The collarbone doesn't completely harden until about age 20 years. This makes younger people -- especially participants in contact sports -- more susceptible to a broken collarbone, the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says.
The academy says common symptoms of a broken collarbone include:
- Having a shoulder that droops.
- Being in too much pain to lift one or both arms.
- Feeling a "grinding" as you try to lift an arm.
- Feeling pain when touching the collarbone.
- Detecting an abnormal bump or swelling on the collarbone.
Posted: January 2011
Recommended for you