Health Tip: Set Exercise Goals
-- When you set goals for your exercise program, they can help you stay on track. But it's important to set goals that are realistic.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggests how to set exercise targets:
- Talk to your doctor about exercise, and set up time on your calendar to work out.
- Establish long-term goals, including incremental increases to your exercise plan.
- Make your goals specific and measurable so you can gauge whether or not you're meeting them.
- Make your goals attainable and realistic.
- Make your goals relevant to living a healthier, longer life.
- Set realistic time limits for achieving your goals.
Posted: February 2012