Health Tip: Seeing a Doctor About Eye Pain
-- Eye pain could be caused by a simple, treatable problem, but it can be an indication of something more serious.
The U.S. National Library of Medicine offers this list of warning signs that you should see a doctor about your eye pain:
- You have something stuck in your eye.
- Your pain appeared after an injury to your eye.
- Your pain doesn't appear to be caused by straining your eyes or a virus.
- Your pain is accompanied by another medical issue, such as a rash or herpes infection.
- Your pain is extreme or it persists for longer than two days.
- Your immune system is weak, or you've recently had surgery.
- Your eyes are red, swollen, leaking discharge or have a persistent feeling of pressure.
Posted: May 2010
Recommended for you