Health Tip: Sauté Your Veggies
-- Sauteing is a healthier alternative to frying, and it's a simple technique to master.
The American Heart Association explains how:
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Using broth or water, heat a tablespoon or two in the bottom of the skillet.
- Wait for the water or broth to begin to bubble.
- Slice your favorite veggies, then add them to the bubbling liquid.
- Cook them for five minutes, stirring continuously as they cook. Add extra liquid if needed.
- Cook meat the same way using nonstick cooking spray. Brown lightly on each side, then add the liquid and finish cooking.
Posted: October 2016
Recommended for you