Health Tip: Use Safety Belts Properly on Kids
-- When a child is big enough to be restrained with a safety belt, you should make sure he or she is strapped in safely.
The SafeKids.org website suggests:
- Establish a rule that your child wears a safety belt during every car ride, at all times, even when the child isn't with you.
- A child should ride only in the backseat until at least age 13.
- Parents should be good role models and always wear a safety belt.
- Every child should always ride with both the lap belt and shoulder belt fastened.
- Instruct your child to sit upright with good posture when riding in the car, rather than leaning against the door or window.
Posted: June 2016
Recommended for you