Health Tip: What's Causing Urinary Incontinence?
-- Urinary incontinence is the medical term that describes the frequent or significant leakage of urine.
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists offers this list of common causes among women:
- A urinary tract infection.
- Weakened or stretched muscles in the pelvis, often the result of pregnancy, childbirth or simply getting older.
- An abnormality in the urinary tract.
- A neuromuscular disorder that affects muscle control.
- A side effect of some medications, notably diuretics.
Posted: October 2009