Health Tip: What's Causing My Gastritis?
-- Gastritis occurs when the stomach lining becomes swollen and irritated, causing common symptoms including stomach pain and indigestion.
The U.S. National Library of Medicine lists these common causes of gastritis:
- Drinking alcohol or smoking.
- Deterioration of the lining inside the stomach.
- Having a bacterial or viral infection.
- Taking certain medications, including nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as aspirin.
- Having excess stomach acid.
- Consuming toxic substances.
Posted: December 2009
Recommended for you