Health Tip: Research Alternative Therapies Carefully
-- Alternative therapies, while as a whole becoming ever more popular, pose a varied degree of risk.
Before you try a technique or substance that can do more harm than good, here is a list of questions to research, courtesy of AARP:
- How successful has this treatment been in treating my condition, and how common is this treatment in people with my condition?
- What types of procedures or medications does the treatment involve, are they safe, and are there any side effects?
- How long has this treatment been used?
- Do the facilities and therapists meet regulations and standards, and are they clean and up-to-date?
- What should I expect during and after treatment?
Posted: August 2007