Health Tip: Relaxation Techniques
- Relaxation techniques are a great way to help you beat stress and sustain good health.
Try these suggestions to help you unwind, courtesy of AARP:
- Invigorate muscles with a visit to a massage therapist.
- Meditate. Sit quietly or listen to soft music.
- Practice deep breathing.
- Imagine yourself in a relaxing place, such as in the mountains or on the beach.
- Stop stressful thoughts before they spin out of control.
- When you feel stress, your muscles tense up. Learn to relax your muscles to release stress.
- Practice yoga or tai chi.
Posted: November 2007