Health Tip: Reducing Your Chances of Heart Disease if You Have Diabetes
-- Diabetics are at increased risk of developing heart disease, but there are lifestyle changes you can make to help lower the risk.
The National Heart Lung and Blood Association explains how you can reduce the risk of diabetic heart disease:
- Maintain healthy cholesterol.
- Keep high blood pressure in check (under 130/80 mm/Hg).
- Don't smoke
- Lose any excess weight.
- Eat a diet low in sodium, sugar and saturated and trans fats.
- Get plenty of regular exercise.
- Find ways to manage stress.
Posted: August 2014