Health Tip: Reduce Your Risk of Heart Disease
-- Heart disease is the leading cause of death among women in the United States, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says. About one in four women is predicted to die from heart disease, the agency laments.
As women age, their risk rises. But the Food and Drug Administration says there are things women can do to help lower their risk:
- Take steps to manage chronic health conditions, such as diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
- Learn warning signs of a heart attack, and call 9-1-1 immediately if you or someone else has them.
- Get regular exercise and maintain a healthy weight.
- Make heart-healthy food choices.
- Ask your doctor if you should take a daily aspirin. It's not appropriate for everyone.
- If you smoke, quit.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: September 2018