Health Tip: Recognize Warning Signs of Youth Violence
-- People who are prone to violence often have trouble controlling their behavior, the American Psychological Association says.
The group says there may be tell-tale signs that a young person is about to "act out," such as:
- Having a history of violent or aggressive behavior.
- Being young at the first violent incident.
- Having been a victim of bullying.
- Having a history of discipline problems or frequent conflicts with authority.
- Being a victim of early child abuse or neglect.
- Having seen violence at home.
- Having a history of cruelty to animals.
- Having a significant mental illness.
- Being callous or lacking concern for others.
- Having a history of vandalism.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: July 2018
Read this next
TUESDAY, Oct. 20, 2020 -- Citing fears over violence and chaos, more than 100,000 Californians have bought guns in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, a new study...
MONDAY, Sept. 21, 2020 -- Strong gun laws may be negated by more permissive laws in neighboring states, a new study reports. It found that weaker gun laws appear to increase gun...
TUESDAY, Sept. 15, 2020 -- If you have experienced a heart attack and you have an adversarial personality, new research suggests you might want to consider an attitude...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.