Health Tip: Recognize Signs of a Urinary Tract Infection
-- The urinary system is the body's way to rid itself of wastes and extra water.
But the urinary tract also is a common spot for infection (UTI).
While anyone can develop a UTI, about four times as many women develop them as men, the U.S. National Library of Medicine says. You're also at higher risk if you have diabetes, a spinal cord injury or require a tube to empty your bladder.
The agency mentions these common warning signs of a UTI:
- Pain or burning when you urinate.
- Fever, tiredness or shakiness.
- An urge to urinate often.
- Pressure in the lower belly.
- Urine that smells bad or looks cloudy or reddish.
- Pain in the back or side below the ribs.
© 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: August 2018