Health Tip: Recognize Signs of Strep Throat
-- Strep throat is a contagious infection caused by streptococcal bacteria. Your doctor will prescribe an antibiotic, which you must finish to make sure the infection is killed completely.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention mentions these symptoms of strep:
- A very sore throat that starts suddenly and hurts when you swallow.
- A sore throat accompanied by fever.
- Swollen, red tonsils, which may have steaks of pus, or white patches.
- Small red dots on the roof of the mouth.
- Swollen lymph nodes in the front of the neck.
© 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: November 2016