Health Tip: How Radon Gets In
-- Radon is an odorless but toxic gas that can seep into buildings, including ground-level homes.
The Environmental Protection Agency, noting that radon is found in about 1 in 15 homes, says the gas can enter a structure:
- Through cracks found in solid flooring.
- Through construction joints.
- Through cavities or cracks in the walls.
- Through gaps that form in suspended flooring.
- Through gaps around service pipes.
- Through your water supply.
Posted: November 2012
Recommended for you