Health Tip: Protect Yourself From Flu
-- There are no guarantees that you'll never get the flu, but with these precautions suggested by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, your risk may be reduced:
- Get a flu vaccine, especially if you have a chronic health condition and are at higher risk for the flu.
- If you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue, then throw it away.
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water, or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- If you have the flu, try to stay away from healthy people. The CDC suggests staying home for at least 24 hours after your fever breaks.
Posted: October 2012
Recommended for you