Health Tip: Protect Yourself Against Cold Weather
-- Icy snow, wind and frigid temperatures are frequently in nature's plans for winter.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggests these cold weather safety tips:
- Wear layers of lightweight clothing, including a scarf, hat, gloves and boots.
- Help prevent falls by covering icy spots with sand or cat litter.
- Pay attention to the wind chill when deciding how to dress.
- Travel with an emergency kit, a buddy and a cell phone.
- Maintain your car, keep your gas tank full and stock the vehicle with emergency supplies.
Posted: January 2011