Health Tip: Protect Skin From Diabetes
-- Skin problems are common in people with diabetes, but a good daily skin-care routine may offer some protection.
The American Diabetes Association suggests:
- Control your diabetes well to prevent high blood sugar, which can worsen skin issues.
- Moisturize skin well, and keep bath/shower lukewarm, not hot.
- Promptly clean and care for any cuts or scrapes. Follow your doctor's instructions on use of an antibiotic ointment.
- Increase the humidity in your home during the dry winter months, and avoid bathing every day. Stick to mild shampoo and soap.
- Check and care for your feet every day.
- Talk to your doctor about any skin care concerns.
Posted: September 2016
Recommended for you