Health Tip: Promote Play for Your Child
-- Playtime is important to any child, especially one that is under pressure and stressed, the American Academy of Pediatrics says.
Playtime is a brain-building activity that's a healthy and necessary part of childhood development, the academy adds.
The group offers this advice to parents, doctors and educators:
- Doctors should encourage playful learning by writing a "prescription for play" at every well-child visit in the first two years of life.
- Play should start early and continue through a child's development.
- Educators, doctors and families should advocate for playful learning at school.
- Parents and teachers should allocate time for daily physical activity.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: September 2018
Read this next
THURSDAY, Oct. 15, 2020 -- CBD has been widely marketed as a cure-all for whatever ails you, and a new study finds many Americans are buying the sales pitch. Researchers tracking...
TUESDAY, Oct. 13, 2020 -- When it comes to bonding with your cat, the eyes have it. Narrowing your eyes -- the so-called "slow blink" -- may make humans more attractive to their...
TUESDAY, Oct. 13, 2020 -- Dr. Brad Cotton enjoyed working on the front lines as an emergency room doctor. Yet in March, as the coronavirus pandemic burst through the doors at...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.