Health Tip: Promote Peace in a Shared Bedroom
-- Kids who share a bedroom may bicker and fight, but parents can help promote a more peaceful co-existence.
The National Sleep Foundation suggests:
- Structure each child's bedtime routine so it's not disruptive for the other.
- If an older child will share a room with a baby, wait until the infant is a few months old to bring them together. This is likely to be less disruptive for the older child.
- Explain to the older child that a younger child may wake during the night.
- Play white noise in the bedroom to dull distracting sounds.
- Allow for separation when needed, such as when one child is sick.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: March 2017