Health Tip: Prevent Urinary Tract Infections in Women
-- A urinary tract infection may have symptoms including painful and frequent urination, cloudy urine, pressure in the lower belly and fever.
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services offers these suggestions for women to help prevent these infections:
- Always urinate when you feel the urge. Don't wait too long.
- Always urinate before and after sex.
- After urinating, always wipe from front to back.
- Thoroughly clean the genitals every day.
- Avoid douching or using a feminine spray.
- Wear underwear with a cotton crotch.
- If you tend to get UTIs, talk to your doctor about what's causing them.
Posted: June 2008
Recommended for you