Health Tip: Prevent Injuries at Work
-- Staying safe on the job means lowering your risks of injury and illness, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services says.
Here are the agency's suggestions for what you can do -- both at work and at home -- to stay safer on the job:
- Lift things using your legs instead of your back.
- Set up your work area to fit your body.
- Take short breaks and stretch.
- Always wear protective equipment when needed.
- Ask about available health resources at work.
- Get enough sleep.
- Eat a healthy diet.
- Get enough exercise.
- Keep a healthy weight.
- Do what you can to manage stress.
© 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: December 2018