Health Tip: Prevent Dry Skin
-- Skin requires frequent preventive care to ward off conditions such as dermatitis (sometimes called eczema).
Here are suggestions on how to prevent dry skin, courtesy of the Cleveland Clinic:
- Don't take baths or showers that are too hot. Keep the water lukewarm.
- Take short baths or showers of only five to 10 minutes.
- As soon as you get out of the shower or finish washing your hands, apply a skin moisturizer.
- Use soaps that are moisturizing.
- During winter months, try a heavier cream or moisturizer to protect skin. You can use a light lotion in the hot summer months.
Posted: September 2008
Recommended for you