Health Tip: Prevent Diaper Rash
-- It's every parent's nightmare -- diaper rash that causes itchy bumps, scaly skin and lots of discomfort for your baby.
The Nemours Foundation says you can help prevent diaper rash by keeping the infant's skin dry and clean.
If your child develops diaper rash, Nemours suggests:
- Keep the skin dry as the rash heals.
- Increase the amount of time your baby spends without a diaper. Airing out the area may speed healing.
- Wash your baby's diaper area gently with warm water before each diaper change. Avoid soaps and baby wipes that can irritate skin.
- When your baby has diaper rash, use disposable diapers.
- Use a diaper ointment or paste that contains zinc oxide with each diaper change. This will form a protective barrier on the skin.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: September 2018
Read this next
THURSDAY, Oct. 29, 2020 -- Newborns don't have the brain circuitry to process emotions, a new study finds. Brain scans of newborns found that the area of the brain that...
TUESDAY, Oct. 27, 2020 -- Newborns don't have the brain circuitry to process emotions, a new study finds. Brain scans of newborns found that the area of the brain that...
By Michael Merschel American Heart Association News MONDAY, Oct. 26, 2020 (American Heart Association News) -- Erin Wegener was a tiny baby facing enormous challenges. Born at...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.