Health Tip: Prevent Back Pain at Work
-- Chronic back pain makes it more difficult to do your job, whether you're behind a desk or operating heavy machinery.
The Mayo Clinic suggests how to avoid back pain at work:
- Maintain good posture.
- Lift with your legs and tighten your core muscles, and avoid twisting.
- When possible, use a lifting device.
- Alternate physically demanding tasks with less demanding ones.
- Limit the time you spend carrying heavy briefcases, purses or bags.
- Listen to your body. Change your position often and periodically walk around and stretch your muscles.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: September 2018
Read this next
FRIDAY, Oct. 30, 2020 -- Caring for a loved one can be rewarding, but it can also lead to injury. To keep yourself in good physical shape while caregiving, the American Academy...
FRIDAY, Oct. 23, 2020 -- A culture of toughness and resilience is encouraged among elite college rowers, but it can keep them from reporting injuries, a new study finds. There's...
TUESDAY, Oct. 20, 2020 -- Marijuana is fast becoming a favorite medication among older Americans, a new study finds. Cannabis is being used to ease problems such as pain, sleep...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.