Health Tip: Preparing for a Wig During Cancer Treatment
To prepare for a wig during cancer treatment, Breastcancer.org suggests:
- Find pictures of your preferred color, length and style.
- Cut your hair short.
- Look online, at a wig shop or through a charity program.
- Call your health insurance company. It may cover the cost of a wig.
- If your treatment hasn't started, consider searching for a wig ahead of time.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: January 2020
Read this next
FRIDAY, Nov. 20, 2020 -- Add stress-related hair loss to the many problems caused by the coronavirus pandemic. "I've had patients coming in recently with stress-related hair...
THURSDAY, Nov. 19, 2020 -- Medication drop boxes at pharmacies are a safe and secure way for people to dispose of unwanted drugs, but many people are unaware of them, a new study...
WEDNESDAY, Nov. 18, 2020 -- When actor, writer and producer Mindy Kaling's mom was fighting pancreatic cancer, it was the biggest struggle the family had ever experienced. Swati...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.