Health Tip: Prepare for High Winds
-- High winds can occur during a thunderstorm, hurricane or other strong weather system.
The National Weather Service suggests how to prepare for high winds:
- Trim tree branches away from your home and powerlines.
- Secure loose gutters and shutters.
- Identify an interior room, such as a basement or bathroom, that you can go to.
- If you live in a mobile home, identify a sturdy building nearby.
- Update your emergency kitand include enough food and water for three days.
- Make a list of items outside your home that you'll need to tie down or store.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: January 2018
Read this next
THURSDAY, Oct. 22, 2020 -- People who use common asthma controller medications are vulnerable to developing brittle bones and suffering fractures, a new study shows. The findings...
FRIDAY, Oct. 2, 2020 -- They are the closest relatives to humans, but gorillas have been spared one aging disease that people haven't: osteoporosis. The condition triggers...
THURSDAY, Oct. 1, 2020 -- Preventing falls in older age could be as fun as dancing them away, new research shows. Researchers found a 31% reduction in falls and a 37% reduction...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.