Health Tip: Practicing Motorcycle Safety
-- More than 5,000 motorcyclists were killed in crashes in 2017 alone, says the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
To stay safer on the road, the agency encourages motorcyclists to:
- Practice operating your motorcycle before taking it into traffic.
- Check your motorcycle's tire pressure, tread depth, breaks, lights and fluid levels before riding.
- Wear a helmet that meets federal safety standards and proper body protection.
- Obey traffic lights, signs, speed limits and lane markings.
- Stay alcohol- and drug -ree.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: October 2019
Read this next
THURSDAY, Oct. 22, 2020 -- People who use common asthma controller medications are vulnerable to developing brittle bones and suffering fractures, a new study shows. The findings...
WEDNESDAY, Oct. 7, 2020 -- In a rare bit of good news tied to the coronavirus pandemic, researchers say pediatric fractures plummeted by nearly 60% this past...
FRIDAY, Oct. 2, 2020 -- They are the closest relatives to humans, but gorillas have been spared one aging disease that people haven't: osteoporosis. The condition triggers...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive