Health Tip: Practice Window Safety
-- Curious toddlers are especially prone to crawling through and falling from windows, so it's best to practice these safety suggestions, courtesy of the Cleveland Clinic:
- Be sure you can't open any window enough to allow a child to crawl through.
- If your window locks require a key, store it nearby.
- Never place furniture near a window. A child could climb the furniture and fall through the nearby window.
- Don't assume that a screen will take the place of a window lock.
- Board up or repair any broken or cracked glass.
Posted: February 2012