Health Tip: Plan to Eat Healthier
-- Taking steps to eat a healthier, more balanced diet should be a gradual lifestyle change and shouldn't be too difficult.
The American Heart Association suggests:
- Do not attempt to change all of your eating habits in one day. By setting smaller goals, such as eating more vegetables and fruit, you are more likely to be successful.
- Cook more often at home and eat out less.
- When you do dine out, select vegetarian or fish entrees over fried and fatty foods.
- Be wary of fad diets.
- Drink plenty of water. Limit consumption of soft drinks and alcohol.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: January 2018
Read this next
WEDNESDAY, Oct. 28, 2020 -- Many aspects of daily living can trigger stress. But for Black women, everyday stressors plus racial discrimination and a specific genetic mutation may...
By Michael Merschel American Heart Association News WEDNESDAY, Oct. 28, 2020 (American Heart Association News) -- You might assume that portraying video games as bad for your...
TUESDAY, Oct. 27, 2020 -- Stuck at home, bored. Fiddling with their phone or playing video games. Munching on snack foods to while away the time. School-age children gaining...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.