Health Tip: Parenting Adopted Teens
-- Teenagers often struggle with questions of identity. For adopted teens, the struggle may be harder than it is for their non-adopted peers.
When dealing with questions of identity, the Children Welfare Information Gateway suggests:
- Talk to your teen about his or her birth parents.
- Develop a lifebook of personal history.
- Connect the youth to cultural, ethnic and spiritual activities.
- Provide opportunities to interact with other adopted persons.
- Recognize similarities between you and your adopted children.
© 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: March 2019