Health Tip: Painful Urination
- Pain while urinating often indicates an infection -- usually in the urinary tract. However, it can also be caused by other conditions, and should always be diagnosed and treated by a doctor.
Here are possible causes of painful urination, courtesy of the U.S. National Library of Medicine:
- A urinary tract infection (UTI).
- Gonorrhea or chlamydia, both of which can cause inflammation of the urethra.
- An inflamed prostate.
- Chronic inflammation of the wall of the bladder.
- Inflammation of the vagina.
- Inflammation of the vulva.
Posted: February 2008
Recommended for you