Health Tip: Symptoms of Ovarian Cysts
-- Ovarian cysts are fluid-filled sacs that develop on a woman's ovaries.
In some cases, they may be difficult to detect and pose no obvious warning signs. But they also may have noticeable symptoms, some of which are listed below, courtesy of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services:
- Pain or pressure in the abdomen, or a feeling of fullness.
- Dull pain in the lower back and thighs.
- Difficulty urinating.
- Painful sexual intercourse.
- Unexplained weight gain.
- Soreness of the breasts, nausea or vomiting.
- Abnormal pain or bleeding during menstruation.
These symptoms should be checked by a doctor without delay. Seek immediate help if you have any of these symptoms.
- Pain with fever and vomiting.
- Sudden, severe abdominal pain.
- Faintness, dizziness or weakness.
- Unexplained rapid breathing.
Posted: June 2008
Recommended for you