Health Tip: Next Steps After Being Diagnosed With Alzheimer's
-- Being diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease can be a scary experience. But getting enough information and support can help you conquer this difficult process.
The National Institute on Aging suggests:
- Learn as much as possible about the disease.
- Schedule and keep regular medical appointments.
- Explore local support groups.
- Prepare for the future with legal, financial and long-term care planning.
- Get help for daily activities, such as shopping and transportation.
- Make sure your home is safe.
- if you still drive, think about getting a driving evaluation.
- Eat a balanced diet and exercise often.
- If you work, consider shortening your hours.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: March 2018
Read this next
THURSDAY, Oct. 22, 2020 -- If Obamacare, or the Affordable Care Act (ACA), is repealed, pediatric cancer patients could lose critical insurance coverage, a new study warns. Kids...
THURSDAY, Oct. 22, 2020 -- More than half of all Americans have been personally affected by COVID-19 at this point in the pandemic, according to a new HealthDay-Harris Poll...
THURSDAY, Oct. 22, 2020 -- In a move that widens the pool of people considered at risk for coronavirus infection, U.S. health officials released new guidance on Wednesday that...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.