Health Tip: More Reasons to Quit Smoking
-- As soon as you quit smoking, you begin to reduce your risk of cancer, heart disease, lung disease and stroke.
Quitting the habit also will boost your quality of life, the womenshealth.gov website says, mentioning these examples:
- You'll have more energy, will breathe easier and will have better lung performance during physical activity.
- You'll have improved senses of taste and smell.
- The stains on your fingers will start to fade.
- Your clothes, hair and breath won't smell of smoke.
- Your skin will appear healthier, and your dental health will improve.
- You'll feel better about yourself once you've quit.
Posted: April 2012