Health Tip: Minimizing Seasonal Allergy Symptoms
-- Pollen and mold are common culprits of seasonal allergies, but there are things you can do to help minimize symptoms.
The American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology offers these suggestions:
- At home and in the car, close the windows and run the air conditioning if needed.
- When pollen and mold levels are high, stay indoors. Wear a pollen mask during a prolonged stay outdoors.
- When you come inside, wash your hair and change your clothes.
- Ask someone else to mow the lawn and rake leaves.
- Don't hang clothing or linens outside to dry.
- Take allergy medication as prescribed.
Posted: April 2014
Recommended for you