Health Tip: Symptoms of Menopause
-- Menopause is the normal time in a woman's life when the monthly menstrual cycle stops, usually between ages 45 and 55.
Here are common symptoms of menopause, courtesy of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services:
- No menstrual period for the last 12 months, without surgical or other biological cause.
- Differences in the pattern of your period -- shorter or longer, lighter or heavier, more or less frequent.
- Hot flashes or night sweats.
- Vaginal dryness.
- Moodiness, irritability or crying frequently.
- Difficulty concentrating or focusing, or confusion.
- Thinning hair, or the appearance of more facial hair.
Posted: October 2008
Recommended for you