Health Tip: Maximizing Your Workout
-- As long as you're setting aside time to work out each day, make sure you're reaping all the benefits.
The American Council on Exercise offers these suggestions:
- Hire a personal trainer to evaluate your workout and suggest hoe to maximize it.
- Make sure your workout includes strength training, in addition to cardio exercises.
- Explore high-intensity interval training, in addition to a steady-state workout.
- Eat a carb-rich snack before your workout. Drink water before, during and after exercise.
- Get six to eight hours of sleep each night.
© 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: December 2016