Health Tip: Managing Workplace Stress
-- No one's job is stress-free. But it's important to curtail workplace stress as much as possible to help quash possible side effects, including weight gain, high blood pressure and increased risk of heart attack.
The American Council on Exercise says you can help reduce workplace stress by:
- Not worrying about previous assignments and how you could have done better. Instead, focus on the tasks in front of you.
- Being friendly and smiling at work, and making some time for friendly conversations with co-workers.
- Communicating clearly with others to avoid misunderstandings and frustration.
- Staying positive, and not dwelling solely on problems.
- Eating well and exercising.
- Communicating frequently with your manager.
- Exploring other opportunities -- if you are very unhappy at work and don't see a possible resolution.
Posted: July 2012
Recommended for you