Health Tip: Managing Nausea for Cancer Patients
To help manage nausea, people with cancer can:
- Slowly drink clear, cold liquids.
- Suck on hard candy with pleasant smells.
- Avoid fatty, fried, spicy or very sweet foods.
- Raise calories with butter, oils and syrups.
- Distract themselves with music, television or the company of others.
- Take anti-nausea medicine when the first symptoms emerge.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: April 2019
Read this next
THURSDAY, Oct. 29, 2020 – More than one-third of older Americans are prescribed drugs they may not need, a new study finds. In fact, these patients are prescribed twice as...
FRIDAY, Oct. 23, 2020 -- Active older adults -- cancer survivors included -- are in better physical and mental health than their sedentary peers, a new study finds. More regular...
THURSDAY, Oct. 22, 2020 -- If Obamacare, or the Affordable Care Act (ACA), is repealed, pediatric cancer patients could lose critical insurance coverage, a new study warns. Kids...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.