Health Tip: Managing Daily Stress
-- Stress can add up to serious emotional and physical health problems. Learning to manage it can help you handle whatever comes your way.
The American Academy of Family Physicians recommends:
- Trying not to spend time worrying about things that are out of your control.
- Finding ways to tackle small problems, giving you a better sense of control.
- Preparing for stressful events, such as a job interview.
- Viewing changes as challenges to embrace, rather than as threats.
- Finding ways to resolve problems with others.
- Leaning on friends, loved ones or counselors for support.
- Avoiding a cluttered schedule.
- Keeping your goals realistic.
- Exercising regularly, eating nutritious food and getting enough sleep.
- Blowing off steam with a hobby or sport you enjoy.
Posted: September 2016
Recommended for you