Health Tip: Manage Your Daily Medication
-- It may be no small chore to manage all of the prescription drugs, over-the-counter meds and supplements you're taking.
The American Cancer Society offers these suggestions:
- Create a chart of your daily medication schedule and use it to remind you.
- Take your medication at the same time every day.
- Take the exact dosages prescribed.
- Use a weekly or daily pill organizer to avoid errors.
- Don't take medication in the dark, or when you're tired or distracted.
- Bring extra medication when you travel, in the event that your trip is delayed. Always keep medication in your carry-on bag, in case your luggage is lost.
- If you have unpleasant side effects from your medication, talk to your doctor. Don't stop taking any medication without your doctor's approval.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: May 2018
Read this next
THURSDAY, Oct. 22, 2020 -- If Obamacare, or the Affordable Care Act (ACA), is repealed, pediatric cancer patients could lose critical insurance coverage, a new study warns. Kids...
By Michael Precker American Heart Association News WEDNESDAY, Oct. 21, 2020 (American Heart Association News) -- Centuries before bacon cheeseburgers, cigarettes and couch...
TUESDAY, Oct. 20, 2020 -- Actor Jeff Bridges announced on Monday that he has been diagnosed with lymphoma. Telling his fans on Twitter, the acclaimed thespian said, "Although it...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.