Health Tip: Manage Family Arguments
-- Arguments are a natural part of family life, but constant and recurring battles can be exhausting.
The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests how to keep household bickering to a minimum:
- Pick your battles. Evaluate which issues really need to become a source of dispute.
- Allow your child to win an argument sometimes. This shows a willingness to negotiate and to see that you may be wrong.
- Set clear boundaries for arguments.
- Investigate the cause of recurring conflicts.
- Set a good example by having strong relationships with your spouse, friends and family.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: July 2018
Read this next
THURSDAY, Oct. 15, 2020 -- CBD has been widely marketed as a cure-all for whatever ails you, and a new study finds many Americans are buying the sales pitch. Researchers tracking...
TUESDAY, Oct. 13, 2020 -- When it comes to bonding with your cat, the eyes have it. Narrowing your eyes -- the so-called "slow blink" -- may make humans more attractive to their...
TUESDAY, Oct. 13, 2020 -- Dr. Brad Cotton enjoyed working on the front lines as an emergency room doctor. Yet in March, as the coronavirus pandemic burst through the doors at...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.