Health Tip: Manage Emotional Stress
-- Life's many changes can be stressful, which may harm your health.
The American Academy of Family Physicians advises:
- Learn to recognize the first signs of stress, such as neck stiffness or clenching a fist.
- Learn to let go of things you can't control.
- For stressful situations such as a job interview, prepare as much as you can.
- Change your outlook. View changes as a challenge, rather than a threat. If there are conflicts at work, try to resolve them. Don't overschedule yourself.
- Find a friend, loved one or other trusted source to talk with when you feel stressed. Engage in an activity that helps you feel relaxed, such as a hobby or sport.
- Get regular exercise, nutritious meals and plenty of sleep.
Posted: July 2016