Health Tip: Making an Emergency Call
-- A medical emergency can be scary and stressful, but knowing how to call for help can mean the difference between life and death.
The American College of Emergency Physicians offers these suggestions when making an emergency call:
- Speak calmly and clearly.
- Give the name, address, phone number and location of the person in need.
- Don't hang up until the dispatcher tells you to. He or she may need more information.
- Teach your children how to place an emergency call, in case you're in need.
- For highway emergencies, know the nearest highway marker number and direction (e.g., northbound).
Posted: August 2018